HomeSteps, the real estate sales unit of Freddie Mac, is launching a nationwide winter sales promotion for its inventory of foreclosed homes in select locations starting today.
- [pullquote_right]HomeSteps will pay up to 3% of the final sales price towards the buyer’s closing costs[/pullquote_right]Under the HomeSteps Winter Sales Promotion HomeSteps will pay up to 3% of the final sales price towards the buyer’s closing costs and a $1,000 selling agent bonus for initial offers received by HomeSteps between November 15, 2011 and January 31, 2012 with escrow closed on or before March 15, 2012. This offer is valid only on HomeSteps homes sold to owner-occupant buyers.
- A two-year Home Protect® limited home warranty that covers electrical, plumbing, air conditioning, heating and other major systems and appliances is offered on some eligible HomeSteps homes. Home Protect also provides discounts of up to 30 percent on the purchase of appliances. (Terms, conditions and limitations apply. Not all homes or borrowers will qualify. For details, see www.HomeSteps.com/smartbuy.)
- 70 percent of HomeSteps homes are purchased by buyers intending to live in the homes as owner-occupants.
- HomeSteps’ homes sell for an average of 94 percent of the estimated market price and accounted for about 4.4 percent of the nation’s inventory of foreclosed properties as of September 30, 2011.
- The Winter Sales Promotion Selling Agent Bonus offer is only available on HomeSteps sales in 28 states and the District of Columbia including Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Iowa, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, North Dakota, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Utah, Virginia, Vermont, Wisconsin, West Virginia, and Wyoming.
For HomeSteps Winter Sales Promotion details and conditions, visit http://www.HomeSteps.com.
Freddie Mac was established by Congress in 1970 to provide liquidity, stability and affordability to the nation’s residential mortgage markets. Freddie Mac supports communities across the nation by providing mortgage capital to lenders. Over the years, Freddie Mac has made home possible for one in six homebuyers and more than five million renters.
SOURCE Freddie Mac